Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Review: My Family Tree and Me


My Family Tree and Me
My Family Tree and Me by Dušan Petričić

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This book essential reads starting with the great great grandparents on dad's side to the middle of the book then flip the book to read from the back cover to the middle for the same written but for the mother's side. In the middle there is a family photo with three generations (kids, parents, grandparents and various pets).

I liked the idea of this book (I love how both sides of the family read to the middle). To make it clear that one side is paternal and one side is maternal, the paternal side is Caucasian and the maternal side is Asian. I felt like the family photo of everyone was random and hard to explain to my children whereas a family tree diagram with illustrated portraits would have been easier to explain how everyone is related.

I think would have preferred to see this as a template to add your own photos with a family tree diagram in the center. Maybe an app or website to help with the layout and then when finished customizing, I would be able to order the custom book in a hardcover format. I think seeing people you know in this organized way with similar sentences to this book would have been more relevant to my kids.



View all my reviews

No comments: