Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Baby Signing Book

I just found out that I could have started the baby signing from Tristan’s birth… a bit of a let down but he’s only two months so I’m still starting really young. Ever since I first saw little Jack in meet the Fockers use baby signs I’ve wanted to try it with my own and now that I have one, I’m looking forward to seeing his first sign.

The possibility of Tristan being able to sign 5-6 months earlier than he can start speaking is exciting. His signing vocabulary will be great by then and he would have been expressing needs and desires long before he starts speaking.

So “The Baby Signing book” by Sara Bingham (she has a facebook group as well) and http://www.signingsavvy.com are the resources I’m using so far. If you’ve tried this, what other resources have you used and how is it working for you?

No comments: